Indulge in our amazing de-alcoholised sangria recipe this November. Our simple mocktail has a burst of delicious flavours, so you can enjoy a cool beverage without the hangover.
What you need:
- Velvet Red De-alcoholised wine
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Ginger Syrup (recipe included- it’s only 3 ingredients!)
- Soda water
- Pomegranate seeds
- Berries (optional)
- Orange slices
- Put ice into a blender
- Combine the Velvet Red Wine, orange juice, lime juice, ginger syrup and sparkling water into blender after ice
- Blend until chunky, do not over blend.
- If more liquid is required, add it in (until you are content with the consistency)
- Place some berries into the mix (optional) and blend again
- Pour content out of blender into a large jug/pitcher
- Add orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Add mint (optional)
The non-blended option:
- Combine the Velvet Red Wine, orange juice, lime juice, ginger syrup and sparkling water a large jug/pitcher
- Add the orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Add berries and mint (optional)
- Chill well, serve over ice.
How to make some yummy ginger syrup:
What you need:
- Fresh ginger root
- Cane sugar
- Peel your ginger root. Cut it into thin slices. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add ginger slices. Stir, and then set syrup aside for 2 hours to allow the ginger time to infuse as the syrup cools to room temperature.
- Remove the ginger pieces using a slotted spoon or fork.
- Chill syrup completely before using.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Strain your syrup. There may be small pieces of ginger root in your syrup after you’ve removed the large pieces.